COVID-19 Hotel Policies & Practices
Here at Best Western Plus Sparks-Reno Hotel, the safety of our guests and team members remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the COVID-19, we have implemented updated cancellation policies, cleaning procedures, and amenity modifications. Click below to jump the section with more information.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
The health, welfare and safety of our guests, employees and hoteliers is paramount at Best Western® Hotels & Resorts. The COVID-19 health crisis has had a tremendous impact on families, communities and businesses around the world. We understand that your travel plans may have been affected by the rapidly changing information on travel restrictions and event cancellations. With your safety and satisfaction at the heart of Best Western, we are working diligently to support you during this challenging time.
Effective Date: March 23, 2020
As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID–19, the Best Western Hotels & Resorts cancellation policy is as follows:
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to hotels located in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is cancelled on or before June 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- Applies to all booking channels.
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels.
Cancellation Policy Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are you making this change?
R: Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has a loyal customer base which has been negatively impacted by the current climate. This change will give you the flexibility and peace of mind you need when making a reservation.
Q: I didn’t book through bestwestern.com, how do I cancel my reservation?
A: If you booked through an online travel agent or other third-party, you are advised to contact the original booking provider for information on their policies.
Q: I am trying on bestwestern.com to cancel an existing reservation I booked on that site, but the website is telling me that I can’t cancel the reservation. What should I do?
R: When you booked, your reservation had a specific cancellation policy. This new policy supersedes that policy. If you booked the reservation through Best Western’s Central Reservations Office or on bestwestern.com, we can assist with the cancellation. However, if you made the reservation at the hotel, you will need to contact the hotel. Additionally, if you made the reservation through an online travel agency (e.g .Expedia or Booking.com), you need to contact the online travel agency to cancel the reservation.
Q: Does the less restrictive cancellation policy apply to all future arrival dates?
A: Yes, the cancellation policy applies to all future arrival dates for reservations that are booked or changed, and then cancelled on or before June 30, 2020.
Q: My reservation is for a stay outside of North America. Can I still cancel it?
A: This new flexible cancellation policy allows you to change your reservation at any of our hotels in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean, provided you cancel so at least 24 hours prior to your arrival, and the cancellation occurs by June 30, 2020. Cancellation policies outside of the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean may vary—please contact the hotel for information regarding cancellation policies outside this region
Industry-Leading Cleaning Standards
As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our hotels while meeting your health and wellbeing standards. When you are ready to travel again, we understand that you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations.
For nearly 75-years, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has been an industry leader in our reputation for providing you with clean, well-maintained accommodations. In 2012, we became the first hotel brand to set a high-level of cleanliness with the roll out of our I Care Clean program in partnership with IDEO. At the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were among the first in the industry to roll out standards and best practices to enhance our cleaning protocol. Now, as part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe and healthy during these challenging times, we have expanded on those industry-leading cleaning standards with the launch of the new We Care CleanSM program.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in our hotels:
- Front Desk and Lobby:
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western’s Mobile Concierge platform.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, wellness best practices signs will be prominently posted, and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers will be removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels.
- Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request.
- Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize your health and safety, including:
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces, and cross contamination.
- Public Amenities:
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices (once available).
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
- Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
- Our hotel is offering complimentary grab-and-go breakfast bags to all guests.
- The complimentary shuttle is limited to airport transportation only for the time being.
- The pool and fitness center are currently closed.